Who we are
2016-2017 CCSR Group
The mission of the Center for Citizenship and Social Responsibility (CCSR) is to provide instructional resources, activities, coordination, and training to support our mission of developing responsible global citizens who will be positive contributors to society. The Center works with teachers, administrators, students, and community members to develop a system-wide plan to integrate social-emotional learning, financial literacy, citizenship, career awareness, resiliency, and social intelligence into the district curriculum and activities.
We believe that public and private schools must incorporate social and emotional learning in the district curriculum. If we fail to do this, we miss an opportunity to have a profound impact on the kind of world that our children will live in.
Our center is a place that allows students to learn beyond the core curriculum, and take on issues that surround them and their communities every day.
The programs associated with the center get students exposed to many new learning topics and opportunities that connect with them emotionally.
They will work to act with integrity, respect, and responsibility, while learning how to self-manage and become self-aware.
Click on the buttons below to show/hide more information about us.
- Act with integrity, respect, and responsibility
- Be self-aware
- Recognize personal emotions and how they affect thoughts and behavior
- Be able to self-manage
- Have the ability to control impulsive feelings and behaviors
- Manage emotions in healthy ways
- Become responsible citizens in a global society
- Understand how to manage financial resources and the need for financial responsibility
- Collaborate in diverse groups to share knowledge
- Build consensus and achieve a goal
- Provide leadership in and service to the community of Medford.
Our goal is to motivate and support students across the district to: